Sunday, June 24

Friends in Spain

OK!! The days have been increbible here in Spain but I am ready to go home!

I miss my husband Ric, my boys Ricky, Josh, Peter and Andy. We have been in Spain for what seems like an eternity. The last few days are a blur. I understand why musicians find it difficult to remember dates and names of cities. I am glad I have taken so many pictures. I am on second 1 G memory card.

My roommate Kim has been wonderful. She is amazed at how quickly I get ready in the mornings. Not having to rush any boys to get dressed has cut my time in half. I have been trying to keep things organized but moving nearly every night to a different city has made it extremely difficult.

I have been blessed with an incredible new friend Richard. We share many interests. We are both the youngest child with a our closest sibling more than five years apart. A rule we established from the beginning was to speak as much Spanish while in Spain. I am sure he has tired of hearing stories about Ric and my boys. If he has he has been gracious enough not to show it and just listen.

Being in a group of so many people can obviously get overwhelming. Personalities clash and situations arise that can very easily cause tension. I am thankful for not being a girly girl and getting wrapped up in the drama. I live in a house full of males so I have learned to get over it and move on.

Thankfully Richard and Kim have been awesome. At lunch meals we have together each one of us orders a differnt dish and then enjoy a variety of flavors.

No comments: